Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's a Promise Reminder!


Every time I see it, I can’t help but think, it’s a promise reminder! 


And yesterday I saw it again.  It was late afternoon, clouds had gathered and the wind picked up and shortly after it started to rain.  The rainfall was brief and minimal.  So when it was over I am so glad I happened to look out the window only to discover, a beautiful complete rainbow, arched across the Eastern sky.

I thought of Noah, the covenant that was made and the promise that was given.

“And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud; And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh;” Genesis 9:14 &15 (KJV)

To this very day, the promise has been kept. Sure there has been rain and there have been floods on the earth but there has never been another flood that has destroyed all flesh. It is a promise He has kept, and it reminds me that He will keep all of His other wonderful promises.

But look, the promise wasn’t just to Noah.  The verse says,” between me and you and every living creature of all flesh”, so that includes everyone.  

A beautiful rainbow, a promise reminder from a promise keeper, and it makes me so very, very glad. How about you?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave you comment here.....